Collection of Information
To offer you Zuzu’s Popcorn, we collect payment information from you, and may also access certain information relating to your use of the Service as follows:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide which includes:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, create an account or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; and
- information when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, taste preferences, or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as mobile devices). This information may include:
- your activity on Zuzu’s Popcorn, such as popcorn selections and search queries;
- details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers; device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information; and
- Information from other sources: We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers. Such supplemental information could include demographic data, interest based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our service and marketing efforts, to process your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- determine your general geographic location, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation delivery options; and
- communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications text messaging, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about Zuzu’s Popcorn, details about new products available on Zuzu’s Popcorn, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests.
How Long We Retain Your Information
If you leave a review, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
You may withdraw your consent to receive certain communications from us via email or text message by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email or replying STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain email correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions. You may be able to opt in to receive mobile push notifications from Film.Ca. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
Cookies and Internet Advertising
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we may also use other, similar types of technologies.
We and our Service Providers may use the following types of cookies:
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with Zuzu’s Popcorn. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies use information about your visit to this and other websites, such as the pages you visit, your use of our service or your response to ads and emails, to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “Interest-Based Advertising.” Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
By default, most browsers will automatically accept cookies. However, you can disable cookies completely, or be prompted prior to a cookie being loaded, by adjusting your browser’s settings. Please note that disabling cookies may impair the functionality of the website, either fully or in part, and may prevent you from using certain website features, services or applications. Consult each individual browser’s “help” feature for more information.
Last Updated: February 16, 2021